Your Thoughts on W3schools

Your Thoughts on W3schools
0.0 0

Hey everyone. What do you think of w3schools? I’m taking their tutorials and I’m on CSS after finishing HTML. The good thing is they have examples for EVERYTHING. The bad thing is, it’s not that deep. I feel like there’s still a lot I need to learn from HTML. I am switching websites once I finish JS to learn PHP since their PHP is 5 not 7. What is a good replacement website that has deep information but doesn’t confuse you or compromise on the exercises?

I usually just use W3Schools as a quick reference. They do have some comprehensive stuff but it is not enough but hey, I use it as additional resource besides MDN and more resources means more examples and stuff that can help you understand a concept even further (of course, this depends on the quality of your resource).

About additional websites, I just mentioned MDN. I know you’re not asking for this but you can also look up on MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) about that topic (esp. for beginners). Examples of such are edX, Coursera, and SkillShare.

There’s also a bunch of programming notes on a bunch of programming languages on this site (including on JavaScript and PHP) in case you want an offline resource sort of thing.

If you still finding other resources, you can check out my resource list I’ve compiled (TRULY I am shameless plugging now, I know :wink:).

This reply actually took longer than I expected so I’ll stop typing words now.

Good luck and happy coding! :coffee:
Sincerely, fellow newb
(P.S. of course I forgot, you can check out fCC’s guide and DevDocs; I very much recommend both of these as well)

That is a ton of info right there. Good thing you stopped typing (jk :joy: :joy:). I’ll be sure to check them all out. Thank you so much!