I can’t log in to my account. I signed in via Github, and now FCC doesn’t recognize my email when I try to validate. What can I do?
For nearly all users who previously logged in with GitHub, this is what worked:
- Click Sign in
- Provide your email address (now the input box is expecting a code)
- Open your email in another tab.
- You may have to check your spam filter for the FCC email with your code.
- Enter the code in on FCC.
- You will probably see that you have been successfully logged in. There is a small chance that this will create a new account for you (it will say you have done 0 lessons, you won’t have a username, etc). If that happens you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your account. If this step is necessary, please be patient. Quincy handles each of these emails himself and there are literally thousands per day right now.
I hope they don’t make this the only way to log in permanently. Having to copy/paste a code every time instead of just entering a password is a real pain…
You should stay logged in unless you clear your browser.
Thank you , everyone. It seems resolved. I hope we’ll have the option of changing our account information in the future. Not sure if sticking with GitHub is the way to go here.