After finishing full curriculum

Hi All,

I’m new, so perhaps I might have missed the relevant info. But apparently fCC changed their curriculum fairly recently (before I joined). Before starting here I did some research and read that one would be able to work on real-world (non profit) projects after finishing the full curriculum (through fCC). That sounded particularly interesting to me, since I expect it to be challenging to start out as a developer without formal schooling and no working experience. However, I no longer can find info on that part. Does anyone know if this is still an option? Or has it stopped with the new curriculum?

Thanks so much,
Winkie

I found an older post on the subject:

freeCodeCamp’s new certificates - here’s how we’re rolling them out

A search on the General forum shows a number of posts on the subject as well.

P.S. - I didn’t even know about this aspect of FCC, so this has been instructive - thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Years ago, when FCC was much smaller, it worked with individual nonprofit organizations to create web applications for them. As FCC has matured, that changed for a number of reasons. FCC created Open Source for Good in 2017, which creates more general tools that meet the needs of many nonprofits and replace those that are usually expensive or difficult to use. Additionally, FCC itself is now a registered nonprofit. All of these projects are open source and welcome your contributions at any point.

1 Like

That makes sense :smile: . Good to know and I’ll definitely look into it once I’m able to contribute! Thanks so much for your feedback!!

Thanks a lot, too!! I’m afraid I hadn’t done sufficient searching; total noob and all :blush:

1 Like

Noob-ness is fine - and you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like