Can I keep my insertion point with using the ctrl+enter shorthand?

Before when I was using the site I could use the ctrl+enter shorthand and my insertion point would always be on the doc. Now when I do it it isn’t there so I have to either tab 6 times or use the mouse to click back on. It’s not the worst thing of course but it kinda takes away from the point of a shortcut. I’ve googled a ton of phrases but can’t find anything/get the wording right, so I’m just wondering if there’s a key I couldv’e hit to cause this or what. TIA

Could you give a little more detail about exactly what you are doing so we can try to emulate it. I just tested using ctrl + enter in a step in the CatPhotoApp course and the keyboard focus remained exactly where it was when the check didn’t pass. But if the check did pass then the focus moved to the Submit button (which I’m not sure I’m a fan of). But I don’t know for sure if this is what you are referring to, so providing exact details on how you are triggering this issue would help.

Yeah my bad, I’ll hit it once to check and it passes so I hit ctrl+enter again and when it moves onto the next page, or step, the focus is gone. I’m just finishing with the first section, I just finished the penguin animation, and for just the last 2-3 projects it doesn’t stay on the current working line.

When you do ctrl + enter and it passes, if you do another ctrl + enter after that it will take you to the next step because it’s the same as clicking on the Submit button. This is how it’s intended to work.

I don’t know what you mean by this. It sounds a little different than the issue above. If it is, please provide very specific details about how you trigger it.

That was just for reference on when the issue began happening. When I go to the next page or step the insertion point leaves the current doc, either the html or css

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.