Check out my portfolio website

Added links in footer. Thank you for helping:)

2 Likes

I would say you are off to a good start. Good job with the games. Also good that you included some contact and github link in the footer.

As @miketandy said, making the repo public is common so dw.

I would suggest you to find a way/ways of improving what you’ve done so far. Plus you can practice your github skills. I think companies find very valuable consistency so you can try to push at least 2-3 commits a day.

If you wonder what more you can do , here are some things that I’ve noted after I looked at the repo:

• You have landing page section, but you don’t have one for your portfolio. Would be great if you create one. You can include some info about yourself. Don’t be shy.
  • I’ve noticed you analytics initialized. But actually not doing anything with it. Either expand it or remove it for now.
  • Add linter to your repo. You are having unused variables, props etc. It would help you very much to clean those IMO.
  • You are using frontend library. That’s great. What about using one for the components? React component libraries. When you land a job it’s most likely that you will be using one. So you have great opportunity to give it a go.

There are many more thinks that I can think and also other can think of. Gather more feedback, not just from me. But don’t stop improving your portfolio. You have something good, that you can turn in something outstanding.

If you have any questions feel free ask. I hope it helps you in some or other way.

2 Likes

Thank you for feedback.

Those landings I made based from random template I found in internet. I could add more of them. But I don’t think I can make something about myself, there is not much to tell. I have little bit in contact section and think that will be enough for now.

I added analytics just to get some experience with it. And also some statistic about countries and which project people visit more. The last part unfortunately doesn’t work. I think because of react, I just see 100% My Portfolio.
So, I don’t really need it for anything specific, but I think it’s good to know such things.

Linter. I hate this guy. He is whining and complaining about something all the time, so I just ignored him.

I tried to avoid libraries as much as possible while I’m learning. So i have better understanding how things work and how to make them. For the same reason I don’t like bootstrap. But I’ll keep them in mind.

I have a few questions.
What do you think about mobile version? I forgot to mention it in first post and regret about it now.
I didn’t know that in most of cases I could just set static width in meta tag, so I made every project responsive to any width manually.

Is there any forum or something, where I could ask for more feedback? I made post on reddit, but didn’t get much of it.

And last question. Everyone says that my colors on home page are shitty. Which colors should I use? Nobody gives specific color code they think would be cool.

Sorry for big ass long post lol

1 Like

@Nikos96 I really appreciate your hardwork that you put into making those projects from scratch, as you’ve mentioned. And I support the idea of doing things that way cause it gives a firm foundation on the fundamentals and concepts, which is important to be good at something and it will take you a long way.
But if you’re planning to get a job, then you might’ve to consider things that’ll bring the attention of employers/recruiters/HRs to your portfolio, while you continue to learn things in a way that helps you become better.
So for that, work on showcasing your projects better. Through that I mean spending time on visual design. Cause things that look good are hard to ignore and you’re bound to appreciate/consider things that look neat, properly aligned and pleasing to the eye. That doesn’t mean you gotta know everything that’s there to come up with a portfolio that’ll grab the attention, but taking ideas from the designs that are already out there and using them on your portfolio.
Just spend some time on the portfolios that you’d like to add the designs of on yours. And start coding once you’ve decided how you want your portfolio to look like.
All the best. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Here are some useful links:

Regarding the linter. You should try to find a solution to the errors/warnings instead of ignoring them. Every company uses linter or formatter to maintain same code requirments and etc.
Same with the library. Good to know the solid, but again you will use it, believe me. A more “soft” transition is to start with tailwind IMO. ( I don’t like bootstrap either)

Mobile looks rly good. Very important.
If you need some help, feel free to reach.

2 Likes

@Nikos96
I’m happy to hear you have been actively learning and working on building your portfolio website. Here are a few things I noticed about the website:

• The overall design is simple and clean.
  • The use of color and images help to make the site visually appealing.
  • The navigation is easy to use and understand.

Some suggestions for improvement:

• The font size for some sections, especially the headers, could be a bit larger to improve readability.
  • The spacing between some elements could be adjusted to give the site a cleaner look.
  • Adding descriptions or explanations of your projects can provide more context and help visitors understand the purpose and functionality of each project.

Overall, it’s great to see what you have accomplished so far. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

It’s good but the 2048 is messed up on my browser

1 Like

Can you please give me more info about it? Screenshot or something. What exactly doesn’t work?

1 Like

The google play icon and QR code are oddly placed on my computer

2 Likes

What is your screen resolution? Seems like you have some weird one. I didn’t think about it. I’ll try to make it responsive for any height too, not only width. Thank you for info.

2 Likes

My resolution is 1280 × 800

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.