CodeAlly having an outage?

Thanks for the report. I am having the same issue. Hopefully we can sit tight and the codeally support will respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Hi, I’m nearly finished the “Learn Bash and SQL by Building a Bike Rental Shop” project in the Relational Databases course. I tried logging on today and I’m getting this error, screenshot below.

I just tried opening the other assignments and only the ones that aren’t completed are running fine. The ones that I have started already or are complete are showing the same error.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Bash and SQL by Building a Bike Rental Shop - Build a Bike Rental Shop

Link to the challenge:

Thank you for reporting! We’re investigating the issue!

Thanks a ton for reporting quickly!
It’s hard to reproduce on our end, but we found a potential cause.
We made a temporary fix that should do it.
If it works for you, we will be able to make a permanent fix.

Please let me know if it works for you @igorgetmeabrain @hbar1st @naf !

1 Like

it is not working unfortunately

Edit: no, just tried celestial bodies project and it came up. I will try a few more.
2nd edit: world cup db project is working too.

looks like that fix is working @AdamZaczek

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that!

@AdamZaczek thanks for the quick response - everything appears to be working again now!

Hi Adam,

I’m still having issues getting into the database course on CodeAlly. When i click “Run With CodeAlly” the “Checking Permissions” spinner spins for a second and stops, and the screen reverts to “Run With CodeAlly”

I’ve tagged @AdamZaczek already in another post. Many people are reporting this. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Can you share a link to that post so I can follow for updates

Hey it seems it has happened again :frowning:

I am facing this same issue while trying to access the Mario Database course…

1 Like

It is not working for me too.

1 Like

It is not working for me too.

1 Like

I’m experiencing a similar issue - I have tried on both Brave and Firefox.

Getting that same error as well xO

CodeAlly if having a outage. Is it just my machine?
Good opportunity to start working on the back-end courses.

1 Like

Sometimes life can be as simple as RTFM. CodeAlly is back up. Must be my tendency to ignore adverts on other sites but I just noticed the red writing that’s on more than one page! ( see screen shot below ).

It’s best and recommended by freeCodeCamp to work the courses in order. But if a section is down you can either work on it locally or skip to the next section. If you’re saying to yourself “well duh I knew that already” then good for you, you’re ahead of the game.

Did your problem get resolved?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.