Dropdown issues on Survey Form

Hi, I’m having trouble with (among other things) the dropdown, which isn’t passing, even though the button seems to be working fine. Here’s the relevant code (I would just link the CodePen but it doesn’t let me bc this is my first post):

<form id="dropdown">Are You The Boss of Me Now?</form>
			<select>
				<option value="">Select Option</option>
				<option value="Yes">Yes</option>
				<option value="No">No</option>
				<option value="Maybe">Maybe</option>
				<option value="I don't know">I don't know</option>
				<option value="Can you repeat the question?">Can you repeat the question?</option>
			</select>
		</form>

I’ve dropped other people’s code in there and it also doesn’t pass, so maybe the issue is with my browser (I’m using Safari)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Here’s the CodePen: https://codepen.io/sethstephanz/pen/mYbpop?editors=1100

Its working properly
I have just tested it

Try downloading Crome

1 Like

Good to know. Ok, I’ll switch to Chrome. Thanks

I switched to Chrome and it’s still not passing several tests, specifically 12. Any advice on what’s going on?

your form element is wrong

1 Like

What is wrong about it?

You have 9 forms but the challenge requires you to have 1 for all the info

1 Like
12. Inside the form element, I can select an option from a dropdown that has corresponding id="dropdown".
13. Inside the form element, I can select a field from one or more groups of radio buttons. Each group should be grouped using the name attribute.
14. Inside the form element, I can select several fields from a series of checkboxes, each of which must have a value attribute.
15. Inside the form element, I am presented with a <textarea> at the end for additional comments.
16. Inside the form element, I am presented with a button with id="submit" to submit all my inputs.

You are failing these because it states inside THE form element and you have multiple so you wont pass until you combine all 9 into one

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the catch.

anytime bro message me if you need any more help on it ill help gladly :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Thanks again. Will do.

1 Like

Any luck yet my man?

1 Like

Hey, thanks for checking back. I fixed the global form thing, and with some more tinkering I got it to 16/17, but 12 is still an option. Here’s the relevant code, if you want to take a look:

<div>
			<label for="boss?" id="dropdown">Are You The Boss of Me Now?</label>
				<select id="boss?">
					<option value="">Select Option</option>
					<option value="Yes">Yes</option>
					<option value="No">No</option>
					<option value="Maybe">Maybe</option>
					<option value="I don't know">I don't know</option>
					<option value="Can you repeat the question?">Can you repeat the question?</option>
				</select>
		</div>

12 is still an issue, I mean.

send me the link to the pen again

1 Like

https://codepen.io/sethstephanz/pen/mYbpop?editors=1100

1 Like

in your dropdown DIV element go to

<select> and add id="dropdown" should fix it eg: <select id="dropdown"> 
1 Like

Yep, that seemed to do it. Thanks!

1 Like

Anytime my man, play around with your css a bit and align your text, set background color etc wrap your form element and h1 and your paragraph in a section element then modify the section element using css eg:

section {
	height: auto;
	width: 50%;
	align-items: center;
	background-color: rgba(0, 0, 245, 0.05);
	margin-left:25%;
	margin-right:25%;
	border-radius: 5px;
}

just to help with CSS since it can get a pain sometimes

1 Like