Feedback on my React drum machine

Hey everyone! I took a break from FCC because of university, but I’m back to learning and I would appreciate any feedback you have on my drum machine

It was my first project since I came back after a break, so I may be a little rusty, so any kind of feedback or tips you have is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi @Wanela !

I think your project looks good.

Just a suggestion, you might look into something like codesandbox for future projects so you can create individual files for the components and clips array.

It will just make it easier to read if you have one app.js file with all of your child components nested inside instead of one file with 300+ lines of code.

Hope that helps! :grinning:

1 Like

I like the styling and animation on the bank/power controls but unfortunately they are not keyboard accessible (i.e. I can’t use my keyboard to toggle them). Check out this article on making accessible toggles.

Yes, I’ve been thinking of graduating to something other than codepen, but it’s so convinient, because it’s right there in the browser, you can even code on your phone! But codesandbox looks like what I’m looking for, it’s still in the browser, but I will be able to learn how to manage files. Thanks for the tip, I’ll definetly look into that!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.