Finally starting this journey

Hey there! I’m new to FCC. I have been thinking about getting into coding for about a year now. I am 31 years old, but when I was about 11-15, I spent a lot of time learning HTML and CSS to create my own websites for fun. I gave up that hobby to pursue others, but after struggling in my adult years to find a job I enjoy that pays the bills, it really made me reconsider what’s next for me. I always really enjoyed web development as a youngin, so I’m here now, hoping to reignite that passion and thus build a better life for myself!

I think web development is probably what I’m most interested in but I’m hoping to try all of the modules and see how I feel after. I am really looking forward to joining this community and getting to know y’all.

3 Likes

This is great!
Good luck in your journey and if you get stuck, don’t give up!
Just post in the forum and somebody will help you.

Hey there and welcome!
I’m glad to see other newcomers here on FCC.
Like you, I’m 31 and have considered learning to code for awhile, but for one reason or another haven’t pursued it.
The financial security, job growth and ability work remotely in this career field are definitely big positives for me.

The plethora of directions to take, knowledge to learn and stay updated on feels a little overwhelming, but this site and community seems like a good way to start though.

From what I researched about coding and this career field, is that persistence and consistency is KEY. (Although I’d say that’s true for most things in life.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:
-Hayden

1 Like

Thank you! I’m really grateful this resource exists.

Hi there, thank you! Those are definitely reasons I am looking to pursue this as well! Work remotely to hang out with my cat and have a little more work-life balance, and of course the financial/job security and limitless opportunities don’t hurt. I’m glad it’s never too late to start getting into this field.

This site definitely feels like a warm hug amidst a sea of overwhelm, haha. I don’t plan on giving up! It may take me a minute to find a good routine for adding my coding practice into my busy schedule, but I am determined to see this through.

Thank you, good luck to you too! We’ve got this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Same to you :slight_smile: we got this!

1 Like

Same here…

• been thinking about it a while

• did some HTML and when I was a kid and enjoyed it back then

• tried doing some other things only to discover I don’t like them

• hoping to find a better way to earn a livelihood.

Only difference: I’m in my mid-30s, so you’ve got a little bit of a head start on me!

That’s awesome, welcome back! You’ve still got plenty of time! And hopefully our previous experience with this helps our present journey!

1 Like

Welcome! I’m kind of new to FCC as well. My focus now is learning front end dev. I’m slowly working through the HTML and CSS modules. I wish you the best of luck!