Finding motivation to do side projects

Hi everyone! Hope you’re well.

“Do side projects” is some of the most common advice given to new developers or people looking to get hired. I don’t know about you, but I always struggled to do side projects because they just felt like additional work.

This recently began to change for me, and I just made a new video about that process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToRgA8esf9g

I hope you find it helpful! Let me know what I can do better.

3 Likes

Yeah cool! Thanks for sharing. I would be cooler if there was a link under “side projects” pointing to actual projects, so everyone would get some context as well :slight_smile:

Hi @elbaumpj :wave:

Thank you for sharing your video and your experience. It’s awesome to see someone who struggled with the idea of building side projects like I did. I appreciate the perspective.

Gave your channel a subscribe and look forward to more of your videos!

Thanks for the encouragement! Is there anything in particular that would be helpful for you to see?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll make this change!

In terms of languages/frameworks I’m all for any JavaScript/Angular/React content.

Otherwise I’m down for any time management tips/freelancing/client work tips you might have up your sleeve :slight_smile: