Hello guys, I need some help!

Hi guys, I’m trying to finish my documentation page, but the tests throw me these erros.

Hope I can get some help from you!

7. The .main-section elements should contain at least 5

• items total (not each).
  • 10. Additionally, the navbar should contain link () elements with the class of “nav-link”. There should be one for every element with the class “main-section”.

12. Each element with the class of “nav-link” should contain text that corresponds to the text within each (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).

I’m asking for help because every time I try to fix them it starts throwing more errors. hahahahah

Here the link of project - https://codepen.io/Mikeavocado01/pen/rNYXJYo

Hi @Mike01 !

Make sure to read the full error message because it will provide more hints on how to fix it.

For user story 7 it says
    There are not at least 5 <li> elements throughout all of the elements with the class of ‘main-section’ : expected 0 to be at least 5

One your .main-section elements need list items.
    I scanned your code, and I couldn’t find any list items in the .main-section elements

For user story 10, it says
    There should be one .nav-link for every element with the class of “main-section”, and every .nav-link should be within #navbar : expected 10 to equal 8

It looks like you have 10 nav links but only 8 sections.

here is the last error message
    Check that these headers have corresponding .nav-link elements and be mindful of case! : INTRODUCTION TO RECURSION,RECURSIVE FUNCTION CALL,STACK LIMITATION,RECURSIVE FUNCTIONS AND ALGORITHNS,SINGLE RECURSION AND MULTIPLE RECURSION,RECURSION VERSUS ITERATION : expected 6 to equal 0

It looks like you are using all caps for the ids and some of the header text is different from what you wrote in the ids.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hello! Thanks, It’s been really helpful! But I still have the last error, I tried to do what you said and change ids to lowercase and made sure to have the same as the header, But the error is still there and I don’t underestand the error message well!

User Story #12: Each element with the class of nav-link should contain text that corresponds to the header text within each section (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).

Let’s look at the first link in your nav menu:

<a class="nav-link" href="#introduction_to_recursion">Introduction</a>

And the header text for the section:

<header class="subt">Introduction to Recursion</header>

Does the text in each of these elements fulfill the requirements for User Story #12?

1 Like

I can see it now! Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.