Hey Everyone. Please help is neededin step 53

Please, how do I include a for attribute in the label element. The code I have written does not pass.

<input id="loving" type="checkbox"> <label> <input for="Loving"></label>

1 Like

Can you post your code and the link to the challenge.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

I do to post the code but somehow it disappears after i create the topic. Its frustrating when people think i don’t post the code and this makes it hard for help to come

Step 53 doesn’t need a label element. Only an input element. Are you sure you are in Step 53, but step 55 needs a label with a for .

Assuming you are in Step 55

You have given the for attribute to an input element, that input element is not necessary, you should give a for attribute with the value “loving”, and there should be a label text of Loving.

Oh my goodness! Its step 55 not 53. My head is so full that I completely forgot the step. Thanks so much for making me notice the error

This one doesn’t pass too and it have the for attribute. Please what am i doing wrong

<input id="loving" type="checkbox"> <label> <for="loving"> Loving </label>

This is not how you use an attribute. Now for is an element like label, for should be an attribute.

This is an example:

<element attribute="value"></element>

I finally got it right after so many tries. Coding is not easy but doable. Thanks again.

``
`
Loving

1 Like

Add input element. Then just put it’s Type. After the closing “>”, just put a space before the word Loving.

it didn’t work!

What's your cat's personality? Loving

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.