Hi there Fellow Campers! Can you please give me a feedback on my Technical Documentation Page?

Hi,

If you want and have the time can you please give me a feedback on my Technical Documentation Page :slight_smile:? Maybe some improvements etc.?

Pascal

Both the style and the code look very clean. I like what you did with the screen sizes using js.

Keep it up!

Thanks @wadie! Will do :slight_smile:

Its nice, simple and clean, but their are some things that need some adjustment.

Try and put everything in your own words. I know you did cite it, but simple copy and pasting was not the point of the challenge. Do the documentation page on something you like to do.

• Riding a bike?
  • Learning to work out?
  • Speaking a language?

If you do something that you personally enjoy, please try to avoid doing a blog rather then a technical documentation page.

Notes

Please hit the reply button or i do not get notified.

Helpful tools–> https://codepen.io/Mike-was-here123/post/check-out-these-sites

Hi @michaelnicol,

Thank you for your comment. I agree. It is always better to write content yourself.
But due to time restrictions I’m not always able to do that.

Secondly, my main objective with freecodecamp is to learn how to write code and not how
to write content. That’s why all the code you see at my page is written by my self.
I did not copy and paste it from W3schools.com. I did use jqeury for a little function
and prism.js to make things easier and more
efficient. But beside this, it’s my own coding style :slight_smile:

Thirdly, in the curriculum page it says the following:

• Objective: Build a CodePen.io app that is functionally similar to this: https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/NdrKKL.

• Fulfill the below user stories and get all of the tests to pass. Give it your own personal style.

• You can use HTML, JavaScript, and CSS to complete this project. Plain CSS is recommended because that is what the lessons have covered so far and you should get some practice with plain CSS. You can use Bootstrap or SASS if you choose. Additional technologies (just for example jQuery, React, Angular, or Vue) are not recommended for this project, and using them is at your own risk. Other projects will give you a chance to work with different technology stacks like React. We will accept and try to fix all issue reports that use the suggested technology stack for this project. Happy coding!

Nowhere it says: Write your own content. In my opinions it’s about learning how to code, not how to write content :slight_smile:

When it says: Give it your own personal style. it could also mean: coding style, design etc.

Pascal

1 Like

Good points i have never thought of. Honestly, i looked in your code and its fairly nice, so you did indeed learn something from this challenge.

It does like good, i like the style you did use and the use of shadows in the nav bar.

Thanks @michaelnicol :slight_smile: