How long does it take?

I generally practice between 30 minutes to 1 hour everyday. I can focus fairly well, I remember many things , but not every last bit. How long should it take for me to complete freecodecamp? And how useful will freecodecamp be in the grand scheme of things?

This question gets asked quite a lot on the forum.

Here are some previous threads that might interest you:

Fastest Disciplined Learner
Is it possible to finish FCC in three months?
How long did it take you to get your FCC certs?

Happy coding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think completing the full curriculum (MERN stack and python) will give you a foundation to build from.

There will never be a course to teach you everything you need to know about becoming a web developer.

Use FCC as a base and use other resources and build your own projects outside of a class.

1 Like

Fcc is very useful experience as it forces you to figure things out for yourself, especially with the final projects which are tough,

I’ve completed the first 6 web dev certificates (responsive web design, JS, front end libraries, data viz, APIs and Microservices, Legacy Information Security and Quality Assurance) and the Data Analysis with Python Cert,

I started a year and a half ago, I’ve been learning full-time during 2020 as I quit my job in Jan.

The valuable takeaway from fcc is the portfolio projects you build and the experience you get building them, rather than the certificates themselves.

3 Likes

I’ve heard freecodecamp is best known for quite obviously-being free, and it’s well structured Cirriculum