How many hours should I expect?

Im in a court program, and got approval to complete this camp, but they want to know total hours to complete. Is there a range or estimate of approximate hours it will take to complete this?

That’s really an impossible question to answer.

When I did the whole course a few years ago, it took me about 4.5 months, working probably 3 hours per day. So call that 400-500 hours. But I had a little programming experience and (I like to think) I have an aptitude.

But everyone is different, and the program has changed and grown since then. I think the official like is 1800 hours but that seems high. If I had to guess, I’d say in the 1000 hour range, but that is really a wild estimate that I’m pulling out of my butt. I know nothing about you and your background or aptitude, and even if I did, I couldn’t even begin to estimate.

According to the FCC site, it says that each of the six certificates takes 300 hours - I guess that’s where they get 1800 hours. That’s probably on the long side of the bell curve by design. Some people well take 200. A gifted few might take 150. Some will take 350. A few might even take 400.

So, I’d tell them that - that each certificate takes 300 hours. If you work hard, you should be able to do it in that time and most people probably take less than that. (And if it takes someone more, that is not a problem either.) But I’d tell them you’re shooting for the Responsive Web Design certificate and it is an estimated 300 hours.

You can see how that goes. but some sections will go easier and some harder for some people. It’s a self-paced program so there really is no way to estimate accurately.

Thank you. This answer is perfect. Like you, I have had a little experience, and also probably an aptitude as well.