How to start programing as begginer

How to start programing as begginer

1 Like

Pick a language and do a hello world app.

It depends – what do you want to do? If you want to build a website, I (and many others) highly recommend starting at the beginning of FreeCodeCamp’s curriculum: https://www.freecodecamp.org/. Can’t go wrong with vanilla HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to get started.

Play around, create projects of your own, and don’t be afraid to reach out to the community. Create something meaningful.

And most importantly, have fun with it!

There are tons and tons of online tutorials for just about any programming language. If you know you have a tendency to try to jump ahead of yourself (I’m guilty of this), take a class at your local community college. It’ll force you to pace yourself and make you stick it out through the boring basics. The basics will come in very, very handy later. One thing I’ve learned as I’ve gone through this process is everything builds on top of something else. If you don’t fundamentally understand what you’re doing with the little stuff, the more complicated stuff will make you crazy.

how do i pick a luanguage

Welcome to the FCC Community Elvis.

To start we first need to be clear here that you need to choose which career you want to pick, (ex: AI, web development, native apps, desktop programs… etc), each one of them has pros and cons, so you need to do your own research.

Secondly, don’t worry too much about the language if you find a tutorial/bootcamp that you liked but doesn’t use a language you’re familiar with, you only need to familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of that language to start and follow with them (because almost every language out there follow the same basic programming concepts, storing, reading and manipulating data), and over time you’ll gain more experience in that language(unless you’re required to have prior knowledge).

Thirdly, whether you want to be a web developer or not it’s always good to learn some of FCC’s tutorials, it’ll help you understand what web development is all about and whether this career is suitable for you or not and also it doesn’t require you to have any prior knowledge.

Happy Coding :slightly_smiling_face: