I didn't understood the challenge

hey everyone , I was checking this challenge and got confused by this statements.

ex: User Story #1: My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main" , which contains all other elements.

what is this" id" refers to??? cant we do however we want? its mentioned in every user story that’s why I got confused.

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.61 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Hi, welcome to the forum!
If you are doing this on your own, then yes, you can do it any way you want. The reason you are to give elements specific id’s is so that the test suite can make sure you’re actually completing the challenge.

The projects are marked by a computer. While a person can look at your project and see that it’s fine a computer can’t. So you need to put id’s and such because that’s what it’s looking for

YES BUT WHERE SHOULD I PLACE THIS IDs . IM NEW TO CODING SO GETTING CONFUSED ABOUT STRUCTURE. I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO COMBINE CSS WITH HTML. COULD YOU HELP ME TO START THIS PROJECT

An id is an attribute that is placed/part of an HTML tag.

You were first introduced to the id attribute in I believe the 10th lesson and then in many other lessons throughout the RWD course…along with the class attribute.

If you’re using codepen to work on the projects all you need do is code your HTML in the HTML editor and code your CSS in the CSS editor. Codepen will link them for you.
If you’d like to investigate how they’re linked you can click on the export link on the bottom of Codepen’s iframe and investigate further. Of course you can ask questions on what you don’t understand.
To clarify, HTML is a descriptive language that specifies webpage structure and CSS is a declarative language that controls how webpages look in a browser.

Hope that helps.

yes Igot it, Thank you for your help. But I didn’t understood #5th user story. where should i add a id there

Please provide a link to your project so that we can see what you’ve tried.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.