I dont know why, CSS is hard for me to wrap in my head

Please, guide on where i’m wrong.

Did the whole part of the HTML/CSS on FreeCodeCamp

Now I’m doing the little projects, and currently in Build a Landing page

For the other projects, I used grid to align the content, because it was simpler to use it. With flex, I struggle a lot more, and cant really get a hang on how everything works.

I’m trying to learn by myself, but sometimes it feels like I need someone to tell me "you should try using this, idk how to put it in words.

At the moment, I’m trying to put the nav-bar on the right and the img-logo at the levt, using only flexbox.

Challenge: Build a Product Landing Page

Link to the challenge:

I know it’s not beauty all these colors, it’s just the way I found to see what each component is beheaving

I love CSS now. It’s a lot of fun. But in the beginning, I was terrible at it and didn’t have a clue what I was doing.

Here’s my product landing page which will reflect how bad I was at css, but will at least perhaps help you with the project.

1 Like

Hey, thank you very much for your support.

After I post this, on the next day I started doing the #100DaysOfCode challenge, and for the first time ever, I did a to-do list of my stuff. I really need to develop discipline, because I think it’s the only way to achieve my full potential as an individual.

3 days later I finally finished the project, could get a hang on flexbox, still struggling tho, but I’ll get there.

If you by any chance, could spare some time, take a look and give me your feedback (please feel absolutely free to criticize), I would love some insights on how to better dispose of items, or how to use colors/fonts.

Again, thank you!

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t know if I have the capability to judge your work yet. My own work is still very humble.

The color doesn’t hurt the eyes like the others did. I do like that.

Please explain what you mean by that? I might be able to help with that if I know more of what you are asking?

I mean general design tips.

I like to take some time on Dribble, do you know or use another for inspiration or something.

sorry for the lacks of words, English is not my first language, sometimes I can’t express myself properly haha

1 Like

Gee, I feel a bit sheepish here. I don’t know if I can help much.

I do know a good tip: it’s poor design to have a horizontal scroll bar. That can be fixed with overflow-x: hidden. But you don’t have that problem on your page. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Here is my profile on codepen. Perhaps you may see something useful. I do hope this helps.

1 Like