I'd like some feedback on my Portfolio page

I think it looks good but I’d like another set of eyes on it.

Hi there! The social media icons at the bottom don’t need labels and the last one is hanging off the page a bit. I like your Automobile Satisfaction Survey. At the bottom though, the Additional Comments box should be labeled.

Thanks. I made the changes and it looks better. The portfolio was fixed and so was the textbox in the survey project.

Your page looks good @bds67 . Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • Mentioning because you have elements out of order. Everything the browser renders belongs in the body element. There’s an incorrect div element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.

Although you didn’t ask, some feedback on your other projects;
tribute

• Same thing as above, re: elements out of order, incorrectly placed.
    • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • The page should be responsive.
    • there’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens and the tribute info falls out of the container

survey

• Same thing as above, re: elements out of order, incorrectly placed.
    • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Make all your styling external. Don’t use internal styling.
  • Don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox.
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • The page needs to be responsive. There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens.

prod landing

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Same as above, elements out of order.
  • Don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • The page needs to be responsive. There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens.

tech doc

• You can ignore the warnings about adding the header if you’d like.

Thanks. I was going to ask for feedback on the other projects as well but I wasn’t aware of the forum when I was working on them so I didn’t ask when I had finished them. I will definitely run them through the validator and work on fixing some of the mistakes that were made to make them better.

I really appreciate your suggestions and I’ll work on them because I want to improve my HTML/CSS knowledge.

1 Like