I'm having problems starting my project

Tell us what’s happening:
i’m finding it difficult to use codepen so instead i’m opting for sublime text but the problem is i don’t know how to submit when i’m done with the project.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.93 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

To submit your project you will need to host it somewhere live.

Codepen is relatively easy to use.

1. Create an account on codepen. A regular free account is all you need. No need to have the fee based one.
  2. Once you are logged into codepen, the project instructions have a link to a project you can fork. Click that link and in the bottom left you’ll see a “fork” button. Click on that.
  3. You now have a “pen” that you can edit. (Codepen calls them Pens and FCC calls them Projects. They are one and the same)
  4. Within codepen are three “panes”. The first is the HTML editor. Next is the CSS editor (this is like a stylesheet except you don’t need to link to it. Codedpen does that for you). Last is the JS editor but you don’t need that for the RWD projects.

Since you’ve already created the project in sublime you can copy/paste the HTML code into the HTML editor in Codepen and copy/paste the CSS code into the CSS editor in Codepen.
Codepen has everything set up for you under the covers. In other words, it provides the boilerplate code for you. The HTML editor only requires the code you’d put between the body tags. For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: at the risk of self-promotion I wrote a basic guide on using codepen’s pen editor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.