I completed the test for Tribute Page and passed. My problem is the I paste the url and hit the “I’ve completed this challenge” and it does nothing. Can’t go on to the next project. I did my work in VS Code. Anyone else going through this headache??
Your project link(s)
Your browser information:
User Agent is:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15
Challenge: Build a Tribute Page
Link to the challenge:
The link to your code must be publicly viewable. That is, you have a live demo that can be seen by everyone.
FCC recommends codepen because it’s easy for someone new to use. As an alternative, you can use GitHub pages or surge.sh.
I signed up for codepen. How do I make it a “live demo”. New to codepen.
Your machine is not a server therefore no one can connect to it to see the code you’ve written in VSC.
When learning to use vsc you had to read through some of their documentation to understand how it works. Similarly you can read through codepen’s official documentation.
- the free version of codepen allows only one project but an unlimited number of Pens.
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
body element in the HTML editor so you can cut / paste from vsc into codepen
- Similarly, you cut / paste your CSS stylesheet and paste it into codepen’s CSS editor
- save the pen ensuring the test script, with all tests passing, is included in your project
- the URL is what you’ll submit to FCC
If you’d like feedback you can post the link with your code in the #project-feedback subforum
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.