My survey ready for feedback

1 Like

Hey good job! I especially like the button. I would

increase paddings of your input boxes including textarea.
enable selecting radio/check boxes by clicking on corresponding texts.
change cursor of mouse when it hovers on submit button.
make it responsive, texts become too small.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, this is great. I just started out but I see I need to step up my game. I have to ask, how did you design the site?

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll definitely take some if not all of your advice here. Especially about making my text not size down quite so small.

Feel free to check out my code if need be. I used purely html and CSS for this project. If you have anymore specific questions I’d be happy to try and answer. I’m still quite new (second coding project ever) so I may or may not be any help.

1 Like

How do you decide on your “measurements”? I have the most trouble trying to figure out how to space my content. Do you use a design software to lay everything out?

Honestly I don’t know the best way to go about it. I don’t use any sort of software or anything. I do layout how I’d like it to look on paper first and then attempt to replicate it in code. I do this mostly as an exercise to make me figure out more new things.

I made my typography responsive and then used “vw” for sizing my text. I just messed around with it until it looked good. You can see my notes on both these in my code if you’d like to try it out.

As far as spacing the boxes, again I just kind of messed around with different paddings until I was happy with them.

1 Like

The page looks good, Im not a huge fan of the font but thats a personal preference.
You seem to have a lot of redundant css that makes it look very cluttered. for example in your #submit selector, you repeated the text-decoration twice and it can also be shortened to

#submit {
background-color: #2d8659;
box-shadow: 5px 2px #000000;
padding: 15px 32px;
font-size: 16px;
}

The color, text-align, font-weight and text-decoration can be removed because the new values you are giving them is the same as the default.

In your .checkboxes selector you can shorten all of your margins into one because the margins for your top and bottom are the same as well as your left and right

margin: 0 30%;

I dont really see a lot of people use the vw unit but it seems to make the font too small when viewed on a mobile device, so maybe try 0.8em instead. let me know how that works out

1 Like