Need help starting with coding

Hello I am 13 years old and I want to start learning to code, I don’t know what language I should learn in the beginning. I know a little about javascript and I want to learn app designing or game development or website designing what languages do I need to learn. I want to get a job in a game development area and if I am as smart as I think I am maybe just maybe google. I still have a very long way to go 4 years of high school and I don’t know maybe another 4 years of college. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg both learned how to code when they were 13 so why can’t’ I.

Doesn’t matter what you start with, but JS and python are great choices. Different languages are used for different use cases. The important part is learning how to think logically and programmatic. Everything from PHP to Python to JS are all C languages and you can easily jump from language to language once you get the hang of it.

Thanks can I learn JavaScript on FREE CODE CAMP

yes, though I encourage everyone to immediately start building there own project based on the languages they are using. FCC will teach you the principles. You aren’t going to be able to build an application out of the box with what you learn on FCC.

yes okay thank you so much for you help i will get started asap

1 Like

hey are you a master at coding

LOL absolutely not. I do have experience developing an enterprise web application and have build several applications from scratch, but I wouldn’t qualify as a Senior developer.

for me you are man thanks

1 Like

NP and good luck.

here on the freecodecamp curriculum you can learn about web development, if you have other interests you need to search somewhere else

check also freecodecamp youtube channel, freecodecamp guide, and freecodecamp developer news, there many different languages are explained