New to FreeCodeCamp,Got doubts,Need Help

I have done my Responsive Web Design Projects,all of them are satisfying the specified test cases for each one of them.
But my doubt is in each project i haven’t used CSS much and didn’t focus on them to look good i have just used enough that would make them satisfy the test cases and did same with the HTML code.
This wouldn’t be a problem to me claiming the certificate,right??

If you’ve passed the tests and feel like moving on, there’s no shame in that. I did the same thing. It wasn’t until I got into the front-end projects that I started to enjoy working with html and css.

1 Like

The projects really dont look good,but all the test cases have been passed.As using minimum code would be a time saver for me i did it.
Still i will get the certificates,right?
Thanks for the help by the way.

I personally believe that you are fine with claiming this as long as you are comfortable with doing so. My advice to you would be to take a second look at these projects and see if they are completed in a manner that satisfies your personal expectations. Since you are posting here asking for a second opinion, it sounds like you might be second-guessing yourself. You don’t want to look back on this first certificate and feel as if you didn’t deserve it after all the work you’ve done!

To give you some insight, I actually believe I’m putting too much emphasis on getting the style of my responsive website projects correct. It’s costing me a lot of time and I’m not learning a lot, I’m just tweaking CSS in different ways for small changes. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with feeling as though you have mastered the coding portion of the certificate and not wasting time with learning website styles. This is more of the design side of things and isn’t necessary to be a web developer.

1 Like

I wanted to add links to two of my projects to give you some perspective.

I worked on the first FCC project for around 10 hours total if I had to estimate. I’m still not happy with it but it passes the project specs no problem.

I worked on the third FCC project for about 30 minutes. It passes all project tests and has literally no formatting done outside of those tests. Do I want to work on this for 9 hours applying CSS I already learned in the last two projects? Not really. I haven’t decided if I will yet, but I think this might help give you perspective on what I mean.

I primarily write business apps not for consumption by the public, so I tend to also make minimal pages only enough to pass the tests. Such as my tribute and survey pages:

https://chuckadams.github.io/fcc-tribute/ (Flarn! The bottom link explains it.)

https://chuckadams.github.io/fcc-survey/ (I could have expanded on the joke a lot more)

I do wish I had the inspiration to put more polish on them, but it quickly devolves into tedium for me. I relish technical challenges more than design ones, so perhaps I’ll use CSS grids for my next one, which are a new area for me.

I have a problem

Use the value attribute with Radio Buttons and Checkboxes

this topics code is not working in my free camp code id please do help me
in this topic lesson there is not video to see and clear your doubt , so please do help me

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

actually my code is not working. i need help

if you use the “Ask for help” button as said above you will create a new thread that includes your code correctly formatted, and a challenge link

without seeing your code and a challenge link it is non possible to help you, thank you

I haven’t passed this experience thought