(Part 3) Seeking eager campers to join FCC cohort

EDIT PLEASE READ All right, hello all! I have sent the survey to everyone who has sent me an email and we are still waiting to get a few back. If you are in this forum thread and haven’t sent me an email, please do as quickly as you can. Most of the surveys are in and I’ll wait until tomorrow morning to start going through the data and setting up the cohort. It’ll take a few days, which is fine b/c the weekend is the best time to start anyway (as people generally have more time). Until then, I will be sending an email to everyone tomorrow with some more information. I’m excited to get started!!! :slight_smile: :rocket: :smile:

Some more campers have emailed asking to join a cohort, so we’re opening them up again.
You can find more info on the cohort here: https://tropicalchancer.github.io/projectus/ . Mainly, the cohort is a smaller community of people who share the same goals. You’ll be in a group with people all over the world working on FCC together, as well as get some experience working on group projects and pair programming. Friendships, level-ups and hijinks ensue. Lots of motivation for when you burnout as well. All levels welcome :slight_smile:

Here’s a few group projects we’ve worked on as well: Space Invader game (https://trion129.github.io/Space-Shooter/), Humans of FreeCodeCamp (almost finished), Productivity Chrome App (momentum-dash reverse engineered). Some apps we’re going to work on in the next few months: Tinder for Developer Projects, To-do app, mystery website.

TO JOIN EMAIL ME AT chinguftw@gmail.com or message me on here.

To give some context, I’ll paste my original post:
A few months ago, I got accepted and went through the precourse section at a popular coding bootcamp. I ended up deciding to pursue FCC instead, but I miss the small community I had in the bootcamp precourse slack group. If anyone is interested in joining a small cohort of people going through FCC, let me know. I’m on the API part of the Front-End section, but I’m open to making a slack group for any level if people are interested. I’m looking forward to hanging out and coding!

24 Likes

Hi,

I am definitely interested in joining!

Thanks for getting all of this organized, if you need any help feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to working with the new cohort!

I’m a member of one of the later cohorts. I gotta say that being in there with like minded people has been super helpful for my learning path. The shared resources alone are worth the price of admission (it’s free lol) in my opinion.

The great thing about joining a group such as this, is that everybody brings in their own strengths into it. Where if you feel like your CSS skills are lacking, for example, there will be others in there who are amazing at it and definitely won’t mind helping out. And you’ll be bringing in your strengths that could help out other members in the group as well.

Definitely try to join if you can. It’s probably the best decision I’ve made in regards to learning how to code.

2 Likes

I would like to join red-pandas. Thanks for organizing this. I look forward to working with the new cohort!

No idea what I am getting my self into but I will throw my hat into the ring. I’ll go for part time red-pandas as I am no where near finished with FCC’s projects.

Guys, just to give you an idea of what you’ll get when you decided to join this amazing group:

I got accepted to my first web developer job, one month after joining this group. It’s all thanks to the combined efforts of its members. They have helped me a lot in improving my coding ability, my programming knowledge, and my personal growth. Hope you join us! :smiley:

5 Likes

I would like to join this group. I have already sent an email. Looking forward being in this group.

I would love to join this group man , I have also sent an email, I’m looking forward to this.

I also sent you an email about joining this group :slight_smile: (red-pandas)

I’d love to join the group. I just send an email to be part of the red pandas cohort.

People are the best source of learning and definitely, I would like to be a part of such an active community. Ready to be a part of red-pandas.

Great idea! I will love to be part of it! I senf you also an email :slight_smile:

I’m interested in joining. Please let me know what I can do. I’m also on the API part of the front-end section

Hi!

I am here, ready to join as well :slight_smile: Thank you for effort in putting together all this.

I’d really like to join a cohort. I’m working on basic algorithm scripting right now, so part-time, front-end projects are probably all I can manage atm.

Your website says that fox cohort is already full, any room for a small one?

To anyone debating on whether it’s worth joining, it totally is! I joined a few months ago and credit a lot of my learning and improvement to the cohorts.

I think the best part is how many diverse people there are, from all different countries and jobs. If you want to learn about something there’s a good chance someone will send you a montage of links or advice on it :smiley:

The cohorts have helped me a lot on job advice, everyone is so encouraging, and it feels good to be part of a community. Plus it gives you a lot of stuff to talk about on your resume! :wink:

6 Likes

So how does a cohort work then folks? Is it a meet up or remote video call or something?

5 Likes

i will apply but i want to know is it like a chat or what

Sounds like a plan actually. Thanks for explaining.

1 Like

Sent you an email! Very interested in this.