Despite the hype around Node.js, I see the marketplace being dominated by PHP for freelance gigs. With most of the jobs geared towards Wordpress, how difficult is it for a beginner Node.js developer to find freelance jobs?
It’s depends, node is growing very fast, it’s easier to learn e keep in New projects, both have great opportunities to get a freelance projects.
I found this on Upwork so this might help
You should consider PHP if your project involves…
- Software stacks like the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- CMS’s like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla etc.
- Servers like MySQL, SQL, MariaDB, Oracle, Sybase, and Postgresql etc.
You should consider Node.js if your project involves…
- Software stacks like the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS)
- Dynamic single page applications (SPAs)
- Front-end technologies like jQuery, AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, ReactJS etc.
- Server-side technologies like Node.js, MongoDB, Express.js, etc.
Keep in mind that neither list is extensive. These are only meant as a starting point to help you get a feel for what you can expect and what keywords you can use to assess the best language for your needs.