Portfolio Page Project Please Give Feedback

Please provide me with any feedback on my page. Thanks guys.

https://codepen.io/MSP3/pen/bvjLXM

Hi Michael, congrats on finishing a challenging project!

Is this your first time doing a page like this? If so, it’s really creative and goes beyond the basic example.

A couple things you can work on:

For the most part, your page is very responsive, so well done. Your text at the top however isn’t and throws the whole layout off:

On mobile, you have a large padding gap in between your portfolio rows. Try using a media query to make the spacing more consistent for all of the items.

In my opinion, the contact section is not a good place to use columns. You should have all of the icons on a line to save space:

vs.

As for the code, well formatted and organized–looks nice. For structure, I suggest having each section be a container. So, don’t just have one container with rows for every section, but have a separate container for each individual section, and in that nest the rows. So, not like this:

container
  row
  row
  row
  row

but like this:

container
  row

container
  row

container
  row

Hope that helps!

Wow, I didn’t expect to get such an in depth response with screenshots and everything.

After reading through your recommendations I made some changes to my project. All your feedback was very helpful. Thanks for being very descriptive and helping me improve!

1 Like