Python programm

Hello everyone.
I wrote this program with conditions but whenever I try to run it, it is printing out the same output for the conditions. What could be problem and how best can it be written?

population = 6001
int(input("Any figure between 0 and 6000: "))
if population >= 0 and population <= 6000:
    print("Start taking measures!!")
elif population > 0 <= 3000:
     print("Population is normal")
elif population >= 3001 <= 6000:
    print("Start taking measures")
else:
    print("Over populated")

Screenshot (83)

I moved your question to its own topic because you were asking a question related to your own code for a challenge and were not answering the OP of the other thread. It is always best to create your own thread for you specific question(s).

Iā€™ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the ā€œpreformatted textā€ tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (ā€™).

can you explain what you want your program to do?

The propblem is population is always 6001, so ofcourse itā€™s always printing the same output.

1 Like

I am really not that experienced with Python, but in my mind it looks like a strange way to define what population intervals should be used. For example, how can you ever get the message in your first if-statement when the user only can give one input? (the user should never be able to give for example both 0 and 6000 at the same time, if you only accept one value, right?). I fiddled around with it based on similar reasoning with the intervals and wonder if this code performs the operations you intend (perhaps with a bit longer code):

population = int(input("Any figure between 0 and 6000: "))

if population == 0 or population == 6000:

elif population> 0 and population<=3000:

elif population>= 3001 and population<6000:

elif population > 6000:
    print("Over populated")
1 Like

hello i think your (variableļ¼špopulation) is bigger than 6000. So your your program will only execute ļ¼ˆelseļ¼šļ¼‰.Besides, your input is not assign to a variable. So your population is static. populationā€™s value always 6001.you need code like this .

population = int(input("Any figure between 0 and 6000: "))
if 6000 >= population >= 0:
elif population > 0 <= 3000:
elif population >= 3001 <= 6000:
else:
    print("Over populated")

in line 5 your indent is wrong!!!

you can just use else to consider value > 6000.i think use (>=) is ok.Change it is needless

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.