Recommendation: Specialization, professional certificate in Coursera

I would like to start the learning path to be a designer, developer, in principle frond end web dev. I have a scholarship to study any specialization or professional certification program and I would like to take advantage of it. Perhaps someone could recommend me, share their experience with either a specialization or professional certification related to what I am looking for? I await your help and guidance, thank you.

Hi @FernandoGarciafg!

I have audited a few javascript classes on Coursera and had good experiences. I think it is great that you received a scholarship but I don’t think you need to shell out a lot of money to become a front end developer. I think you should also look into other sites like Edx or even udemy.

Edx lets you audit classes for free while udemy has courses for as little as $10. I would definetly look up reviews for classes that you are interested in and audit them when possible. And then if you really want a certificate then you can pay for the course after you have done the proper research.

I would follow the FCC curriculum and then supplement that with outside courses.

Hope that helps!

Happy coding!

1 Like