Review my resume

A couple of hours ago I asked how to write a resume given that I lack practical experience or a degree:

The general response was “just do it” and then post it here for a critique.
Here it is:

if you have advice on improving/‘optimizing’ for someone in my situation, would be much appreciated.

1 Like

It is nice Dovydas, you worked in freight too.

I will make a suggestion regarding the spelling. Try to be consistent in spelling the technologies you list in your resume. For example, I see node js, Node Js and Node.JS or Express js and Express.js. I recommend looking at official documentation for exact spelling.

1 Like

Hi @Giveback007

Your resume is good!

I just do not like the phrase: “More than 20 projects, including” because it uses a quantifier. I would have written: “Main projects” as a title :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, I agree with @ebru. Try to be consistent with the technologies names.

@rikmms
I aggree, but I have a lot of projects that I think could qualify me, and I was able to squeeze only 3 because it goes over the page.

@ebru
I think I fixed it now as per your suggestion, thank you

1 Like

@camperextraordinaire
I will be putting up a live demo in the next few days because of a reverse geolocation api that only works 30% of the time has to be fixed. At the moment I only have the screen shot in the readme.
This is a good note.

Your employer will probably check your projects for errors too. I checked your portfolio site, and there is few mistakes, check here. And also i would optimize page speed, check here. @camperextraordinaire gave you good adivce, i would just add that you should provide a link to LinkedIn account. That’s it, happy job hunting!

2 Likes

@Freak0ut
Nice, had no idea these existed, thank you.

Hey dude, nice work!

Super small spelling/grammar feedback:
Under Certification in your Front End description the spelling of “taught”, and others can correct me if mistaken but I believe both project-based and self-taught should be hyphenated in this instance.

Other than that, looks good!

@boyspeaksworld
Thank you to you and all the people for saying the resume is good, but I am not sure what qualifies it as good. Could you clarify?

Also I noted the hyphen, I’ll ask some people if they think if it should be or not, what is your level of confidence that it should?

@ibnhabib
Are you in freight?

yes @Giveback007 I am in logistics

Well, without practical experience or degree, the best you can do on your resume is show what you’ve done and what you’re capable of. I think this resume does that, so it makes it “good”.

As for the hyphen, I’m confident enough that if it were my resume, I’d have the hyphens. But since it’s not my resume, I’m less confident lol.

“Self-taught” is usually hyphenated. I’ve seen “project-based” both ways, but it looks odd to do one and not the other.

And “self-taught” is still misspelled as “self-tought”.

1 Like