Should I go over the HTML courses again?

Hello, first time poster. I finished the courses on the New Responsive Web Certification but I honestly don’t think Im ready for the projects. When I did the courses I did them with a few gaps of time in between each session and can’t remember every detail/code element. So I feel kind of lost going in to the projects. I restarted from the beginning with the Cat Photo app, but before I go any further I wanted to know if it was worth my time going over again? What would be a recommended practice here and going forward with the other courses? Thanks for any advice!

1 Like

I think there are multiple ways forward but all of them agree with the principal of reviewing what you learned (one way or another).
One way is to redo the lessons, certainly.
Or you can choose to watch an 11 hour video to build a web app (almost 5 million people have) Learn HTML5 and CSS3 From Scratch - Full Course - YouTube
Or you can read a few articles to refresh your memory (Web Development - freeCodeCamp.org)

As with every course, before the final exam, we review/study what we learned. So definitely, do this here too.

That’s what I did, also I did the eleven hour course(coding along with the course) that @hbar1st is talking about. The best way to learn to code is by coding. Also don’t try and memorize every single element, google is your friend.

I appreciate it thank you! I am realizing just how much it takes to really understand these languages and I’m only just on HTML! lol

1 Like

just try to think of HTML as a big set of hightlighters, one highlighter for every type of thing a person could ever want to write or publish.
Once you get the ‘marking-up’ part of it, it becomes a lot easier.

don’t start from scratch. Just redo the main concepts and you will be back on track.