I’ve restarted freecodecamp and need some feedback on my survey form. I’ve reposted this because I’ve only got feedback from one person.
I’ve made it on codepen:
And on Github:
Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Hey @ConnerOw1115, look very nice but years codding area going to a negative number. I think you can fix it there.
Have a nice codding.
Hi @ConnerOw1115, your form looks good. Some things to possibly revisit;
- codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- There are some things you can clean up in the HTML section. And ignore the warning about the
rows attributes being required. That is no longer true, codepen is using an older validator.
- center the responses for the ‘would you recomment…’ section. It looks odd on a larger screen sticking out on the left. Possibly move the dropdown to the right also.
- make it so users can click on the labels also, not just the radio buttons and checkboxes
- change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the Submit button
Okay. I’ll try to fix those stuff.
What do you mean by making the labels clickable?
Hi Conner…users should be able to click on the word (label) or the radio button/checkbox.
Review this lesson;
I picked this one because the radio buttons were done in the previous lesson so you can look at the display and click on either the word ‘indoor’ or the word ‘outdoor’ and see the radio button being selected.
When you do this exercise and pass you’ll notice you’re able to click on the word and/or the checkbox to select.
Even when I do it the way the curriculum does it, it doesn’t seem to work.
I surrounded each checkbox and radio with a label (also with the text in it) and when I clicked on the word, the checkbox or radio didn’t get selected.
label for= and the
input id= should match. “Yes” is not the same as “yes”.
I knew that you would. Sorry for the short answer. I was eating dinner so typed in the time it took me to put down the chop-sticks and pick them up again for the next bite.
You should’ve finished first. I can wait for replies.
Thanks for your help.