Test timeout cant proceed

I am on this lesson https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/front-end-libraries/sass/store-data-with-sass-variables

I cant proceed, I press run the tests and it returns timeout.
Also about my progress reset issue, support team are asking for proof of my previous progress.In case you dont know - My progress is gone!
What should I do ?

If you share your code, we can help you figure out why the tests are failing. The tests pass for me when I use the correct code.

(and nhcarrigan already told you what to do about your duplicate account.)

<style type='text/scss'>
$text-color: red;

.header{
    text-align: center;
  }
  .blog-post, h2 {
    color: $text-color;
  }
</style>

Still it is showing the same, refreshed the code, the page, doesnt work

I do not have any duplicate account and I am very sure. The support team are asking for proof if I had ever done it in the first place. I luckily had a screenshot due to “that” issue. But it only shows a little check in the corner and is no solid proof.

That code’s fine - it’s definitely not the issue. Could you open the dev console and let us know if there are any errors being reported there?

1 Like

Sometimes the browser cache can get into a weird state that messes up the tests. I suggest deleting the browser’s freeCodeCamp storage and refreshing the page (you’ll have to sign back in if you want to be signed in).

1 Like

It is showing absolutely nothing. Also internet is not the issue.

ohk let me try this out

Thanks it is working now. Also I am using a very old potato laptop as my desktop psu burned out just a few days before lockdown.

That’s super frustrating. I’m glad it got sorted out though! I’m not sure why it happens, but I’ve seen this cache issue happen every once in a while with the css tests especially.

Happy coding!

1 Like

You and me both. It’s frustrating and definitely something I want to fix.

1 Like