Tribute page! Feedback and advice please!

Tribute page! Feedback and advice please!

Hey guys, this is the first page I’ve ever made and I’m pretty happy with it as a first attempt! I’ve probably spent about 15 hours on this over a week. The JS timeline was a copy-paste job from a tutorial I found.

https://codepen.io/Prohibit/full/wqyNZK

There is one thing I am not happy about which I can’t work out. When you hover over the images, how do you make it appear so that the image is always on top? I’ve tried the z-index 99 but it isn’t doing anything. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thoughts and suggestions all welcomed! Time to move onto the next exercise now!

You can use z-indexing but try applying it to the div element that surrounds the image. You may have to use javascript instead of a :hover pseudo class though.

I’ve tried applying “z-index: 99;” to all elements in the gallery section of my page, one by one to see if it works and it isn’t so I’m stuck. Any other ideas or am I trying to do the impossible?

Your tributr page is excellent.

Thanks, I’m working on my portfolio page now.

You are almost there. When using z-index, the element you are assigning it to needs to be positioned (relative, absolute, fixed …). So, just add position:relative; to your .effectInlarge class and the effect should work as intended.

Thank you, it worked. Didn’t even need to use the z-index!

I’m working on my portfolio now :slight_smile:. My tribute page is now fully complete with that final touch!