Tribute-page "Marie Curie"

I would like some feedback on this project and would like to learn a lot about how to improve my code. I’ve been learning for about a week and I find that the most difficult part for me is structuring Html so it looks neat and organized. I would love for some comments on my Html structuring.

Also although I’m quite confident with my color pallet, if someone can suggest another font color or another shade of green, it would be good. I chose the green theme since it reflects the green uranium that Marie Curie studied.

My final note would be how to make it mobile friendly? I have made it responsive on the browser so it looks good despite window resizements but when I opened my site on mobile it doesn’t look as good. I think I’m missing something quite obvious here.

Thanks in advance for helping me on my journey to being a self-taught web developer!

Hey @francizjamez!

First off, congrats on completing your first project after only a week of coding.

When you work on the FCC projects, you have to include the FCC test suite in your projects like this.

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

You have passed 8 out of 10 tests. If you click on the red 8/10 button then FCC will give you a description on the failing tests and how to fix them.

I think there are way to many colors going on here on the page. I would pick maybe just one shade of green. I would suggest reading this article about color theory which will help you with your designing.

I think this just takes time and practice. Overall I think you did a good job organizing your html code. Just a couple of things that I noticed. On codepen, you do not need to include html tags or link tags. You can just start with the main tag. If you need to include meta tags or link tags Codepen has an option for that when you click on the settings tab.

Lastly, when it comes to overall responsive design I would definitely check out this article which will answer all of your questions on that topic.

Hope that helped!

Happy coding!

1 Like

Your page looks good @francizjamez. Some things to revisit;

• The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.