Tribute page :- Steve Jobs | Feedback needed!

I made a tribute page for Steve Jobs.
Feedback needed!
And, can this website be considered “professional” :thinking:
Thanks!!

The tribute page :- Tribute Page

1 Like

Hi @gururajankappa !

I think your page looks good.

I think the text is a little small for smaller devices.

And I would probably pick a different image that isn’t this long.

I think it is a good start.
This could be a project that you keep adding to it.
Maybe add some pages, add a little javascript, mess around with some css libraries.

Keep up the work!

2 Likes

How do I fix it?

I’ll do that!

Thanks!!!

1 Like

You could set the body font size to 20px and then use em for the other font-sizes.

3 Likes

Okay I’ll make those changes! Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Good Job buddy …All the best :smiley:

2 Likes

@gururajankappa You Tribute Page is good

just Make your image bit bigger

2 Likes

Your page looks good @gururajankappa. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 1/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • For instance links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML coding error you should be aware of and address.
  • There is an overkill of fonts being called. Some of which are not there is no access to. It’s best to choose one or two fonts and a fallback.
  • The link button does not scale well. see screenshot

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 08.37.14

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!! 20 chars

1 Like

Okay I will! Thanks!

1 Like

Okay I’ll fix that.

Okay, how do I fix that?(Media queries?)
Thanks!!

1 Like

Could you look at the changes, and given me some more feedback.

1 Like

Done! 20 characters yes

1 Like

I don’t see what you’ve changed. Did you save your changes? Or did you create a new pen?

1 Like

I didn’t save the changes. Sorry!
I’ve made it more responsive!

1 Like

Just know that in the future when you ask someone to check what you’ve done you have to save your changes.

Yes, it’s more responsive.

But, your page only passes 1/10 user stories. When you submit the project all tests must be passing.
Remember, to click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
2 Likes

:sweat_smile: :joy:

Okay I’ll do that!
Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I’m doing a tribute page actually.

1 Like

I
pass all the tests now!!
How can I make the figcaption (that says “Steve Jobs” and is just below the image) be as long as the image.
Thanks!!

1 Like

Do you have another pen? The pen from the link you gave passes 1/10 user stories.

2 Likes