Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

Thank you! :slight_smile: Good to know, sorry I wasnā€™t sure where to post this.

Hello guys im new here. my name is Zibusiso. Im a 37 year old male black History, secondary school teacher in Zimbabwe. Using my free time in lockdown to learn code. Im doing this for both career advancement and for fun because i have always liked computers. Me starting from beginning with HTML. If anyone can advise me on where to find free books online to learn coding or any other resources i would really appreciate it. Hope to even join a whatsapp group to encourage and be encouraged by seasoned and newbie coders.

Pls remove your personal information as it can be missuesed.
Also what code languagse do u want the books in?

Hi there! and welcome! glad to have my colleague here ( iā€™m history ex-teacher in my past). as long as you have the patience to move forward, knowing that sometimes you will run into walls, this is blessed!

keep us updated!

regards,
David

Hello
l am Maggy , l love code work

@KittyKora I think he can put his name if heā€™s 37ā€¦ :smile:

Thanks for the advice. let me do so. i want a book on html/css or any beginner coding book anyone can suggest. Thanks

i am anuj sethi
I want my future to secure
as fast i can try

Iā€™ve been working through FCC for about a week and a half with a goal of finding a developer job in the future. Itā€™s been a lot of fun and very rewarding so far. Just chiming in to introduce myself and say, ā€˜Hello.ā€™ :grinning:

Hi, there. Iā€™ve been working on FCC for a couple of weeks with plans to get a job as a developer in the future. Itā€™s been rewarding and fun so far. Between FCC, W3Schools and YouTube, Iā€™m eating, drinking and sleeping code. Cheers. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself here.

I have started the freeCodeCamp curriculum several times over the past several years, but have always fizzled out in the front end libraries projects. I thought maybe this time Iā€™d become more invested if I became a part of this community.

I have been looking to do a career change into programming for the better part of the last decade. I have completed many tutorials / online classes, I just have never been able to get the confidence Iā€™ve needed to feel that Iā€™m ready to work in a professional capacity.

As I struggle to complete the curriculum this time, I will make an effort to post here with my progress and to get feedback on my projects. I will also make an effort to give others feedback. I feel this will help keep me accountable, and hopefully will help put me in contact with like-minded people who may have been in a similar situation that can offer guidance.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to hearing from some of yā€™all.

Joshua Carr

2 Likes

Greetings!

I am Khana, college undergraduate of entrepreneurship.

Not really my preferred course and now iā€™m venturing to get the skills that i really wanted in the first place.

I just want to say at first, Thank you for creating this program/camp for free. It is really helpful for people like me who wants to learn online and cannot afford paid courses.

I am also here for a career change. I will start by being a web designer to a full stack developer or Game developer.

I just finished Basic CSS today, I didnā€™t now know basics could give me headaches :joy:. Well, I am a total beginner so yeah, but i am also enjoying this. taking a break and tomorrow I will be starting Applied Design.

5 Likes
Who you are?
aspiring goal oriented and motivated individual since five years now.

Why youā€™re learning to code?
I want to create and the ability to.

how youā€™ve been learning to code so far?
Online tutorials and android kotlin tutorials.
1 Like

hey there

my advice as a beginner who also want to learn code to make a change and had some experience with java basics is to ā€œPRACTICEā€

for example when you learn something new try to apply it in a simple exercise (basic static web page) where you can see the change and make a really code page (project) while you learn so that you see the results and thatā€™s can make you go on to your journey as a developer and donā€™t forget to build a skill which is (Googling) that make ur life so easierā€¦

Happy coding

Hi everyone!

My name is Katy.
Iā€™m actually biology student and persue my masters. But the situation with lockdown got toll on me and I decided to learn something new, something that I could be doing from home.
I looked some YouTube videos and found FCC. So itā€™s my first coding resource.

1 Like

Hi all,

Delighted to find such a great resource. Hope to learn a lot together!.. and get a good job!

Currently studying Web Dev, JS & Python (Cisco, Udemy)

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Mike! I am a new father to a sweet baby boy whom was born with bilateral vocal cord paralysis. After many months in the hospital Iā€™ve found a lot of down time in the evening when I stay up to watch my son. I have a bachelor of arts in Music, associates in science, and have started a successful business in being a handyman! My first computer was a compaq presario (2001) and Iā€™ve been manhandling computers ever since then (11 years old). Now I am 30 years old. I am a jack of all trades and just ready for a new challenge in life! I would love to become a professional software developer one day! That way I can still work and be around for my son instead of running around Denver and sometimes having to fix toilets. I love my son so much that Iā€™m using my love as fuel to ignite this passion for coding! I am a problem solver so spending my days on fCC has been really challenging and fun all at the same time. Just wanted to leave my mark on this thread! Blessings to everyoneā€™s coding journey!

2 Likes

hi i hope your jounrny ia good

Hi, Iā€™m Mariana! Iā€™m learning code to work as web dev and one day work as a UX designer or QA

Iā€™ve been learning code for 2 months, it have been so imersive

Iā€™ve finished one course at {reprograma} (a startup from my country, Brazil) and now Iā€™m learning here on FCC, The Odin Project and soon want to start at Exercism .io

1 Like