Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

Hello guys im new here. my name is Zibusiso. Im a 37 year old male black History, secondary school teacher in Zimbabwe. Using my free time in lockdown to learn code. Im doing this for both career advancement and for fun because i have always liked computers. Me starting from beginning with HTML. If anyone can advise me on where to find free books online to learn coding or any other resources i would really appreciate it. Hope to even join a whatsapp group to encourage and be encouraged by seasoned and newbie coders.

Pls remove your personal information as it can be missuesed.
Also what code languagse do u want the books in?

Hi there! and welcome! glad to have my colleague here ( i’m history ex-teacher in my past). as long as you have the patience to move forward, knowing that sometimes you will run into walls, this is blessed!

keep us updated!

regards,
David

Hello
l am Maggy , l love code work

@KittyKora I think he can put his name if he’s 37… :smile:

Thanks for the advice. let me do so. i want a book on html/css or any beginner coding book anyone can suggest. Thanks

i am anuj sethi
I want my future to secure
as fast i can try

I’ve been working through FCC for about a week and a half with a goal of finding a developer job in the future. It’s been a lot of fun and very rewarding so far. Just chiming in to introduce myself and say, ‘Hello.’ :grinning:

Hi, there. I’ve been working on FCC for a couple of weeks with plans to get a job as a developer in the future. It’s been rewarding and fun so far. Between FCC, W3Schools and YouTube, I’m eating, drinking and sleeping code. Cheers. :+1:t2:

I’m Ain, 38 y.o., and finally getting around to trying my hand and mind at learning this stuff.

I’ve always been interested, but never really had the time or energy to focus on it. I find myself with a ridiculous amount of free time now and there’s no reason to not give it a solid shot.

I’ve made it through all of the first section and am working on the projects. It’s frustratingly fun :grin:

I’m curious about something I read about CodeCamp study groups and am hoping to maybe make a few new friends while I’m here. This pandemic equals out to a lot of alone time and I’m tired of talking to myself lol

2 Likes