What do you think of my Portfolio challenge?

I recently finished this challenge and I could use any feedback. Especially negative. :slight_smile:

You can find it HERE.

1 Like

Truth be said, I really liked it.
The coloring is really great, the animations are a nice adition and in general, looks great!
Hope you keep up the good work and enjoy doing what you are doing.

Sincerely,
Álvaro

Great work @DanielStoica85!.. the animations have great flow, the colors are easy on the eye and its not TOO over done, if that makes sense… I would possibly research and look at adding some smooth scrolling which will allow the page to move a lot easier :slight_smile: but that is just my two cents… Keep up the good work!

Thanks, @justdavis83, I will do some research about that.

Great work overall. Animations are cool. What I would like to do, if I were you. I would make a link from albums(when clicking album cover) straight to a shop were you could sell your albums for example Amazon.com or your own e-shop.

Looks good - Little minor thing for me would be that font doesn’t read so well in smaller size (like on your contact form labels)

Can you guys help me with something? I don’t know if you noticed, but when you click on a menu item, the navbar covers a part of that section. Can this be fixed? I tried with negative padding for the body, but it does not fix the problem.

@badhoc what exactly do you mean?

@ypokkinen thanks, I thought about that, but considering that this is not an actual portfolio site that I would use, I did not bother to add the links.

Hi,

if you add
margin-top:40px;

to your section Id’s that should fix it (or any pixel height you prefer)

if you just want the extra margin on mobile you can add in
@media (max-width:480px) { #portfolio { margin-top: 40px; } }

The font comment, not sure if it’s the background colour or the space between the letters but it took more effort than expected to read the labels on the form, The letters seem to merge into each othe - might jsut be my eyes tho!

Nope, does not work, @badhoc.

Forked version - It was 60px not 40 that evened it out.

I also added padding to your text centered class in my version to give better space around the heading.

Cool for a start!

You know how it is. You keep editing like forever. :wink:

Exactly. You are right about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could use sans-serif font for buttons and input’s placeholders primarily purpose isn’t to point where to type but to example format of input so in your case you can remove labels or show in placeholders how should look input.