What does this script Error mean?

When I run my tests for the “Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage” project I get a script error for #7 . The navbar should contain at least one link that I can click on to navigate to different sections of the page.

Is this because my code is incorrect or does FreeCodeCamp need to fix something here?

Script error. (:0)
Error: Script error. (:0)
at r.onerror (https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js:599:14032)

It would be better if you provided a link to your code so we can see what is happening. Screenshots do not help.

Your code is incorrect… you must create a navbar that can make u navigate to different sections of the page.
Try to add an id at different sections of the page. Then, create “anchors”. Those anchors must have a link to the respective part of the page
Hope that helps! Good luck!

Here is my code

I figured my code was okay because usually when a test fails it tells you why. But this time I got a script error.

I can click on a navigation link and it takes me to the correct section of my page. That’s why I’m confused.

Here’s my code

Thanks

I’m not able to duplicate the issue you’re seeing. When I run the test script is runs successfully and shows you pass 12/12 tests.

Are you still seeing it?
What browser are you using?
Have you tried clearing browser cache?

I do see a couple of things in your HTML code that you should clean up but they would not cause the test script to throw a message.

1. you have a duplicate id. An id must be unique within the document
  2. do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

There are a couple of issues with your CSS code too. Run the built-in ‘CSS Analyze’ to see them but again, they would not cause an issue with the test script.

1 Like

I’m using the Opera browser.

I’ll try clearing the cache.

Thanks for the tips!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.