What softwares do I download to be able to do python programming

Hi. I am just new to programming and want to do python. I am looking to install python on my system but the one I saw is for windows 10. My system is windows 7 and 32 bit. Please, how do I install python to run on this computer. Will need all help because I am just new. In fact, this is my first day and the instructions say install python before starting.
Thanks.

From google:

Zoekresultaten

Samenvatting van internet

Installing Python 3 on Windows 7

1. Point your web browswer to the download page on the Python website.
  2. Select the latest Windows x86 MSI Installer ( python -3.2. …
  3. Run the installer (note: IE 9 will offer you this option when you click on the link).
  4. Select Install for all users (the default option) and click the Next > button.

Just download this file and run through the installer, don’t forget to check Add python to PATH or some tutorials may not work

I downloaded the file and it says I need windows 7 sp1 to run the install. I don’t have sp1 in my system.

Please, can you give me the direct link. I cannot find the msi installer. What I can find is the 3.8.3 exe file and the exe file says I need windows 7 sp1 to run it. I don’t have the sp1 and microsoft has disabled updates.

From: Installation Python 3.6.x on Windows using command line installer (without GUI) - Server Fault

As you correctly stated, Python 3.6 no longer has MSI installers available.

However, the setup PE has command line switches that will let you install silently without GUI. /quiet will install with default options without showing the GUI.

See 4. Using Python on Windows — Python 3.12.0 documentation (section 3.1.4) for a full list of options.

2 Likes

Thanks will try it. I believe it will work. But will give feedback if I fail to do it correctly.

Thanks everyone. Python 3.6 installed. Will have to buy a new computer to get 3.8 methinks. cheers. Please, can anyone recommend a text editor that I can use? I would like something I can still use for html.

Visual Studio Code (VS Code) is easy to use and also it’s one of the most popular editors for web/python. Watch some tutorial to get used to it. You can edit python, html and more. Download link