Which should I learn: Python or JavaScript?

Guys which programming language I should finish first , python or javascrip t? :confused:

Free Code Camp teaches JavaScript.

I am asking about my syllabus not freecodecamp’s syllabus

It depends on what your goals are and what resources you want to use. If you want to learn web development and/or you want to use FCC, then you should learn JS.

Yeah, this question is one that’s plagued the programming community for a long time. In the long run, the answer is that one language over the other doesn’t matter. What does matter is what you’re doing. What you’re trying to accomplish. If you’re trying to build websites or work on something web related, I would highly recommend just sticking to Javascript.

The language debate is a little pointless honestly, as programming languages at their core are all the same. If you understand programming logic and design, picking up a language is something that you could do over a weekend or something. And you should never handicap yourself by limiting your knowledge to something purely

Hi, I’ve changed your thread title to describe your problem more clearly. Descriptive titles, such as “Why does my function return undefined?”, are more likely to elicit helpful responses than generic titles, such as “Help please”.

I recently read an answer by @QuincyLarson regarding this topic on Quora that I found very well thought out and informative, hope you’ll find it so as well
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-so-many-people-suggest-learning-JavaScript-first-instead-of-Python-or-Java

2 Likes