Celestial Bodies Database - Build a Celestial Bodies Database Not being able to submit project

Tell us what’s happening:
The downloaded universe.sql file is completely blank, o bytes. I actually managed to copy and paste the information manually into a text file and save it with an sql extension.
However, when I try to share the link to the file in my github repository and submit it, I get a message that I need to complete the project first. I read in the forum that many people had that same issue. I reloaded and clicked on completed again and again but apparently nothing I’m doing is working. Could you please, help.
Really appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 12.39.27

Your project link(s)

solution: FCC_Universe/universe.sql at main · JaneAire/FCC_Universe · GitHub

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Celestial Bodies Database - Build a Celestial Bodies Database

Link to the challenge:

The Relational Database certification is in beta and is not stable.
When you have issues you can try to read and follow this post:

hey how did you copy your database?

yes sorry , but im actually asking for help now, how did you copy your database for GIThub? because i don’t know how to doit

Hi! I opened the universe.sql file on the platform where I did the course. I selected all the text and I copied it without formatting in a blank text editor file: on my mac I used TextEdit, I believe on a PC/Windows, you can use NotePad. After you copy the content in your TextEdit/NotePad, you save the file with an extension sql on you computer. Then you upload the file on GitHub. Hope this helps.

1 Like

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

Thank you. All I needed to do is to sign out and sign in back again. That helped, thanks! Good day!

2 Likes

Thanks , JeremyLT. In the end, this is what I did. Have a good day!

Right, my comment was in direct reply to the other person, because two different people asking for help in the same thread gets confusing to follow.

1 Like

Hi!

When I opened my universe.sql file, there is nothing displayed in the editor section. But when I login to the terminal psql, all the information is inside. So how to copy the code when I cannot access it in the editor section?

if the file is empty then it doesn’t have the code.
What do you mean by ‘when I login to the terminal sql, all the information is inside’?

inside what?
How do you know it is inside?

for eg:
ls -l universe.sql

what does it show?

or

cat universe.sql

what does that show?

I’ve completed building this celestial bodies.