Feeling disheartened

Hey guys,

This is my first post, I’ve completed two projects for my Responsive Web Design certificate and in comparison to the examples my projects are laughable…

Is the purpose of the test to make something FUNCTIONAL and not “good looking”? I feel like im understanding the exercise but the outcome/results are not nearly as grand and its a bit disheartening…

Is this normal?

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 11_2_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.114 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

HI @Xorbb !

Welcome to the forum!

You are just starting out.
Your projects are not supposed to be super polished.

When it comes to the FCC samples, those were created by professional developers.
As for other projects seen on the forum, not everyone that starts the responsive design course is a complete beginner.

When I was first starting almost a year ago, I remember taking a html and css class with this guy who seemed light years ahead of everyone else.

His projects were always 10px better then everyone else’s.
I thought for sure that I had missed a few lessons because I couldn’t understand why my projects didn’t look like his.

Turns out, he had started learning how to code a few years earlier before he had to take a break from it.

Don’t worry about trying to compete with everyone else.

The goal is to learn something new everyday and grow a little bit each day.
It doesn’t matter if your projects are super polished at this point.

The main thing to focus on is learning the basics.

Over time, you will learn how to create stronger projects.
But for now don’t worry about.

Just focus on the learning and keep building :grinning:

6 Likes

I appreciate the quick reply!

Thank you for the kind words, it’s encouraging.

3 Likes

Don’t compare your behind-the-scenes with someone else highlight. As a beginner, you are going to face a lot of obstacles. You’re going to make a lot of stupid mistakes. But you’re learning every day. Focus on the small, incremental improvements you make.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.