Finished learning basics of html and css. Want to do some projects using only html and css

Pardon me if this is not allowed here, you can remove this if this is not allowed.

I’ve finished learning basics of HTML and CSS indvidually. I.e topic by topic w/o creating a project.

If you want to know the topics that I’ve learnt, I’ve learnt around everything contained in the book “learning web design by jennifer robbins”.

Now, I want to do some projects using only html and css. Please share some beginner friendly projects(websites) to do. I’m really stuck and unable to create any projects even though I know the basics. And it’s really scaring me away from programming.

I don’t want to look at tutorials that make projects because IDK but that doesn’t help me at this point. They’re building websites with their own thought process and I have a different thought process.

IDK what could help me. If you ever faced this phase, do share how you overcame this phase.

For eg: #1 - The Tribute Website | HTML CSS 10 Practice Projects for Beginners | 2022 | Hindi - YouTube I watch this video. I know everything he’s doing in the video. But when I’ve to create a site without looking at him, I don’t get it. I try to make stuffs but then I fail.

I was trying to create this site.

But I am stuck here.

Words are lost here and I’m failing to debug them. Eg: “CODING.” is overlapped with first navbar.

I’m missing a space after “CONTACT” as well. Issues like this happens everytime. How do I get out of them?

I’d like to see some projects examples that I can build step by step at this phase with some guidance as well.

What I could do with CSS could also be done with bootstrap but the main point is that I am fundamentally not able to create something from scratch. I’ve put around 1 month on learning html and css and looking at my current situation, I’m having to rethink about my programming career, if that’s even right for me.

1 Like

freeCodeCamp has 5 projects in the responsive web design course that if you complete will give you a certificate at the end. They are all css/html projects.
You can view them here https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design (just search for projects tagged with “Certification Project”)

This is the site for you

(I swear I’m not affiliated with them bc I recommend them all the time :smile:)

They have junior projects just with HTML and CSS
No tutorials, they just give you a design to rebuild,
you have to figure out yourself how to code it.

It’s how you work as a frontend dev on the job: You get handed
a design and the task to build it as close as possible to the original.

FE mentor also has projects using JavaScript once you start learning JS and
you are looking for a place to start!

Try building a contact form that submits to your email. I’ll suggest you try this one, very basic stuff

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.