Initial Instructions for Quality Assurance Section

Tell us what’s happening:
Copying and pasting links from GitHub and repl.it did not work for me.
But then, I went to a YouTube video about it and saw that glitch was being used before repl.it — so I created a glitch account and hit ‘Share’ and ‘Copy’ under ‘Project Page’… it still didn’t work — I realized that I had to hit ‘Share’ and ‘Copy’ under ‘Live App’ and that is the only way I got it working.

What link do I copy from github or from repl.it to have it working??? I wasn’t doing the right thing there or it was just not working from github or repl.it, in which case, the introduction should just suggest using glitch and copying the code as a ‘Live App’.

Your code so far
test(’#isNull, #isNotNull’, function(){
assert.isNull(null, ‘this is an optional error description - e.g. null is null’);
assert.isNotNull( 1, ‘1 is not null’);
});

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Learn How JavaScript Assertions Work

Link to the challenge:

Hello there,

There are these instructions in the introduction:

After completing each challenge you can copy your public Repl.it URL (to the homepage of your app) into the challenge screen to test it! Optionally you may choose to write your project on another platform but it must be publicly visible for our testing.

You can run your code anywhere, and submit it from anywhere; provided the app is publicly visible. So, whichever URL a user would use to access your app, this is the URL the tests need.

Hope this helps

1 Like

@Sky020
Have you tried it successfully using repl.it ??

you need to use the “open to new page” for the preview and take the link of that new page that is opened

1 Like

Yes. The app must be running in the background, in order for the tests to have access to it, and the link should be the link to the live app, and not the link to the workspace.

Hope this clarifies.

1 Like