Is something wrong with me? Please review my survey form project!

This is my project link.

As you can see, my project is same as our demo project. I am not able to create myself rather I can build if design or demo is given. What should I do?

If I understand you correctly, do you mean that you are not able to build something unique? If so, there is nothing wrong with you. Not all web developers are great web designers and not all skills are naturally in a person.

I am not a great designer either, but I can give you little tips from what I was able to pick up:

Google and look at hundreds of other forms and study their design. Look at what is making them look good and gather ideas. Another thing that you should learn about is how to choose colours for your project. Further, you can learn about pairs of fonts that look good together. I think these were the important points that I looked at/did in order to improve and I generally am able to build something not terribly ugly by myself.

Here is a great youtube channel regarding web design and front end:

3 Likes

Thank you @mushrafaltaf . Finally relieved after knowing that, I am not the only one who feel the same during the early journey. What you have said is absolutely correct. First, I have to study other designs and see what makes them look good. That was a push that I needed and thanks for giving that. Your words will help not only me but all the other who are struggling like me in the designing part.
Besides, he is a great web developer. I came recently across him.
Cheers !

1 Like

Hi @bibek , Like every technical skill; independence and (functional) creativity, only comes with time.
By the moment, I would take more care about functionality and utility for the users. If the page is well organized and it works, is great. That is not to underestimate creativity, all the contrary, the more you practice, the more you will be capable of improving small details (including design).
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Postdata: Maybe I’m wrong with the context, but these age restrictions seems strange to me. 18 and 24.
Best Wishes

Thank you so much for your words. I hope I will grow with time. Just as long as I keep going, I will do better.
By the about that age restriction, that was regarding the young leaners nothing else. Could not think else, so I kept that.
Thanks again.

@bibek, you form looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on large and small screens

The hardest part of coding is looking at a problem and coming up with a plan to solve that problem. Starting out by looking at someone else’s code completely bypasses that step.

If you didn’t know what it meant to build a tribute page or a survey form maybe take a quick glance at the sample project. But then tribute something you like, a band, an author, a sports figure, etc. Same with a survey form, make a survey about restaurants, movie genres, etc. The instructions say yours should be “functionally similar” and “give it your own personal style”.
The sample projects show just one way the projects can be completed. As long as the user stories pass and the page is responsive you’ve met the basics…there is no right or wrong for styling.

Stretch yourself, think outside the box and have fun.

1 Like

This line just clicked me. Yeah, I agree. In order to go ahead, I have to learn to think not just to find quick answer that are easily available. I will follow these suggestion in coming days. Thank you so much !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.