I've been jamming everything in the last few days. HTML to my first project in less than a week. How's my Tribute Page?

I've been jamming everything in the last few days. HTML to my first project in less than a week. How's my Tribute Page?

I started from the very beginning this week, and have just “completed” my Tribute Page project. I’m not very satisfied with it, however.

• I had a lot of trouble with the thumbnail. The borders of it kept extending the full width of the page. No one in chat could figure it out and I couldn’t find anything on Google or Bootstrap resources.

• I couldn’t figure out how to round the edges of the white box where all of my elements are nested.

• I couldn’t fully grasp the concept of “jumbotron” but found that it was the only thing I could use to frame my page.

• I don’t feel like I’ve retained much of what I learned in the lessons. When doing the lessons, it was simple enough. I rarely had to look at the bullet list of tasks, as I could ascertain my tasks by reading the description.

Anyways, here it is!

https://codepen.io/SlouchingToast/pen/YWxNkb

Looks great! I like that it was more of a personal tribute than simply biographical. As to your other points:

1. Did you fix it? I don’t see any crazy border stuff.

2. This will do it

.wbox {
    border-radius: 5px;
    }

Play around with the number until you get what you want. You can also use percentages (50% makes it a circle)

1. Check out the documentation. It will often tell you why something exists and how it’s different from other options you have.

2. Be patient :wink: This is just the first project. By the end of the front-end certificate, this stuff will be second nature to you (at which point you’ll move on to data visualization or server side stuff and feel lost again).

Thanks so much! That line worked! :slight_smile: I ended up getting rid of jumbotron’s color. I think it looks much cleaner now. :slight_smile: