January 2018 fCC Cohort

Hello.It’ a little bit late, but I want to participate the cohort.
Regards,
Simone

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m going to join in! went ahead and added myself to the list

2 Likes

Hey people, also late to the game but will play catchup - have added my name to the list.
Looking forward to this, the beta curriculum looks more more structured and intuitive :+1:

2 Likes

Each of the 5 final projects has a set of tests that must be passed.

For handy reference, I extracted the Tests checklist for each of the projects. Here’s the link:

Google Doc with Tests checklist for each Project (link retired)

Happy coding!

UPDATE: For handy access, I added the CDN link to the top of each page.

4 Likes

Thanks for this, I was copying them each to my onenote but this is better.

1 Like

I’d like to join the cohort. Starting my Tribute Page project. Would it be cheating to look back at my past exercises in Code Camp under the Bootstrap section to help me do this?

Please add my username to the cohort list. I couldn’t edit the first post. Thank you.

1 Like

@priscilla-littlecat I don’t think it’s cheating, per se, but it’s not using the tools and information we’ve used and learned in the beta curriculum up to this point. I think it’s better for one’s learning to not use Bootstrap for these beginning projects. I think the idea of not using Bootstrap is one of the main differences between this part of the current and beta curriculums.

I’m doing my first project in the Code Camp Curriculum. I saw the video and read the instructions. I may be talking about something different. Please tell me what you are referring to and how do I follow the rules of the cohort when making my first project? Thanks.

@priscilla-littlecat We’re following the fCC beta curriculum. Bootstrap is not mentioned in the Responsive Web Development section.

Okay, thanks. So I can click the CSS tab in CodePen and uncheck Bootstrap in QuickAdd? If so, I’ll do that. Thanks for helping me.

@priscilla-littlecat Yes, I think that’s the way you’d do it if you’re changing an existing Bootstrap project. I don’t think the CodePen fork in the project description has Bootstrap added by default, if you’re stating from scratch and using that.

Thanks, I’m trying to delete the Bootstrap stylesheet now. Maybe I should start a new pen. I clicked on the link for ICC and then clicked Responsive Web Design. My laptop said “Something went wrong. Please try again later.” So I’ll wait. You’re very helpful and I appreciate that. Thanks.

1 Like

I can see the ICC curriculum now. Which part are we in so I can keep up?

@priscilla-littlecat We’re here :sunny: :arrow_right:
Build a Tribute Page Project Questions, Discussions, and Resources (January 2018 Cohort)

Thanks. I’m in the Responsive Web challenges now, just starting in this section. Just finished with the first challenge, Media Query. I didn’t know this cohort existed, and the Tribute challenge coincides with the Tribute challenge from the regular course. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make the project deadline of Feb.4, though. Thanks for the help, and the link.

:sunny: Here’s the new Survey Form Page cohort topic for discussion, questions, and sharing resources. The deadline for the project is 2018-02-18 23:59 PST (2018-02-19 04:59 UTC).

Some things to consider as a member of the cohort:

• Please plan to complete your project before the deadline so there is plenty of time for others to submit a review.

• When you’re ready to submit your project for review, create a new topic for your project and add it to the list below.

• Please REVIEW AT LEAST 2 PROJECTS using the checklist in the topic.

Thanks for giving your time and energy to help others learn! :100:

1 Like

Here’s the new Product Landing Page forum topic. The deadline for this project is March 4, 2018 23:59 PST.

1 Like

When is the next cohort ready?

@Wulfheart Are you asking about another cohort covering the same Responsive Web Design beta curriculum material?

The answer is that I’m only facilitating the Responsive Web Design part this one time. You and/or others are free to organize your own cohorts by either copying what I have above or creating your own wording in whatever other way(s) you want.

Or, are you asking when this cohort will move on to the next part of the beta curriculum?

I’ll probably write a post in early April asking if there’s interest in working together on the next part of the beta curriculum.

Is it okay to join this? I already have the first two projects completed.

Tribute Page (https://codepen.io/ChristCenteredDev/pen/XVvGQa)
Survey Form (https://codepen.io/ChristCenteredDev/pen/oEYpoJ)