JavaScript Tutorial

Hello,

When I was taking the JavaScript tutorial I was confused how it worked with the other languages. I found out later, through this forum, that you use a function called “document”. Would you please add some challenges that make us use the document function? When I went through the tutorial, I only knew about the “control.log” function.

P.S. I am glad that this forum is back up and running :slight_smile:

Hello there,

I am going to move this into the Contributors sub-forum, as it is basically a feature request.

However, this has been mentioned a few times, and I recommend you read the answers:

Thanks for the links @Sky020, that did answer my question, but I would like to ask that somewhere in the tutorial that this function is mentioned as another way to interact with the website and that they can research it more if they want, instead of not knowing about it and they hopefully stumble on it while they search on other websites. I didn’t really understood why JavaScript was around until I asked about it on here and was able to connect the dots with some help.

I Don’t Get JavaScript

By the way, thanks to one of the links that you posted I don’t have to ask another one of my questions about front-end libraries. :slight_smile:

No problem. I do understand what you mean, but just to clarify:

• document is not a function. It is an object associated with the browser.
  • document is used throughout the jQuery tutorial, as well as mentioned in the React section of the fCC curriculum. Whilst it is not explained in depth, it is mentioned, albeit quite late in the content.

Thank you, for sharing feedback. I recommend you take a look at what can be expected from the next version of the curriculum: Update on the 7th Edition freeCodeCamp Curriculum

Cheers

I do know that document is not a function, I just didn’t know how else to reference it at the time.

Also, I don’t think it’s a good argument saying that it’s okay because they will learn it in a future tutorial, especially if they have no idea that it even exist.

I did look at the link that you have provided and I do think that they will be interesting projects. I don’t know if they will be additions or replacements, but either way, they look like fun.

Thank you for your time